Pop-up Food Market at St Mary’s
Saturday 20 May 11-6 and Sunday 21 May 12.30-6
We are launching our fundraising drive for the new community rooms with a pop-up food market. Please tell all your friends and neighbours and come along and support us!
In addition, there is still a lot of help needed to make this a success. Please contact Claire Garrett (07880 867 444 / firstname.lastname@example.org) or the people listed below if you can help in any way.
- Baking scones for the cream teas on the lawn. Helping serve the cream teas on the day – contact Julie Farley at email@example.com / 07780 051 530
- Baking bread to sell on a church stall – contact Tamar at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Helping with set-up of the stalls on both days. This will mean being available from around 8.30 to help with setting up tables, possibly erecting gazebos for certain pitches, sorting electric where necessary… - contact Claire at email@example.com
- Helping with clear down of the stalls at the end of the market on both days – contact Claire at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteering over the weekend at the market itself – we need people to staff children’s craft activities, to police a bouncy castle, to serve at various church stalls, possibly to man a bbq (still tbc) and to sell raffle tickets – please contact Claire on email@example.com if you are happy to make yourself generally available and have tasks allocated. If you would rather volunteer for a certain activity please contact the relevant person as listed above.
- We also need people to take flyers and post through doors to advertise the market. We are liaising with Location Location estate agent to produce these and are hoping to have them available at church on Sunday.
- Does anyone have a van or the ability to hire a van for an hour or so on Friday after school and again on Sunday evening once the market is over? We are borrowing stallholder tables from two local schools and need to transport them between the schools and the church.
Please do join our enthusiastic team of volunteers!! The better the buzz we can create around this launch event, the higher the chances of success at getting community engagement in our building project.